Monday 11 January 2010

Omissions and Retractions [Spewing]

Within a mere 24 hours I have already been alerted to two pivotal bands that I crudely ignored within yesterdays top 10 albums list. Those bands / albums are:

  • Queens Of The Stone Age - Songs For The Deaf
  • Incubus - Morning View / A Crow Left Of The Murder

Goddamnit all. The QOTSA album would have easily made it into the honourable mentions but the "A Crow Left Of The Murder" record would have undoubtedly made into the top fucking ten. Shithouse. As to what record I would have bailed out the list to make room for it... I have no idea. These glaring errors being brought to my attention it has only served to rattle my cage and wonder what other records I have ignored. If you think there's a cracker I've missed; Get in touch.

Listen In

Here is a linky to a Spotify playlist I've created of my top 10 albums in order.

Body And Tail: Darren Kings' Top 10 Albums Of The Decade.

Unfortunately, a few of the albums aren't on Spotify, so there are some gaps. There isn't any Clutch on the playlist, but I did manage to find a few Reuben BBC Session tracks off the "In Nothing We Trust" record. I also added a Reuben cover of the Nine Inch Nails track "The Hand That Feeds," which oddly enough is off the number 8 album "[With_Teeth]" There's also a distinct lack of Mastodon records from their time on Relapse Records so "Leviathan" isn't on there either. However I did manage to score a pretty epic live B-Side of "Iron Tusk" so I've hoofed that on the end of the playlist.

Consume.

1 comment:

  1. Shall be checking out the playlist King with joy, I'm sure.

    Songs for the Deaf was definitely as big as it deserved to be, and coming out just over a year apart from Lateralus (Tool - you all know that), another album that deserved to be huge and was made the start of the 00's (I refuse to say the 'N' word) fan-shitting-tastic. No mention of the first Audioslave album? It still gives me a chub...

    ReplyDelete